"Just another tidbit of Easter European reaction to President Obama's missile defense decision, to drop Bush-era plans for a missile shield with radar based in the Czech Republic and missiles based in Poland: a news headline (not an op-ed) on page 1 of major Czech newspaper Mlada Fronta Dnes today read 'There Will Not Be Radar. Russia Won.'"
Iraq beyond 2011: Prosperity or Turmoil?
Abdell investigates the different factors that may become problematic in a post-war Iraq, including:
- "Reemergence of the quasi-defeated extremist groups, namely, AQI, Jaysh al-Islami, the Promised Day Brigade, Kata’ib Hizbollah, and Asaeb Ahl al-Haq."
- "Rekindling of sectarian violence and lawlessness that engulfed Iraq before (05-07)."
- "Precipitating the war between Baghdad and Erbil over the disputed oil-rich Kirkuk."
- "Disruption of Iraq’s oil production and supply and, subsequently, Iraq’s petrodollars."
- "Invigorating Iran’s centuries-old expansionist and religious ambitions in Iraq – turning Iraq into a satellite Shiite theocracy."
More About This Topic...
Click thumbnails below to view links